Thursday, May 15, 2014

We're on our way...

I mentioned calls had been made right?!?!?! More calls have been made, emails sent and documents printed. More appointments set, ultrasounds scheduled, new doctor visits...1 prescription ended, 3 more started. I had been waiting on a medically induced bleed and once that arrived I started birth control, so that the clinic could take control of my cycle. My head has been killing me the last 2 days and I don't know if it's the weather or the meds but YOWSA!!! I'm now on Dexamethasone, Metformin and Birth control pills. This morning I went for a fluid ultrasound (HSG), according to the Dr. "Things look perfect."...You sense that irony right?!?! Mostly she was looking for polyps, which one time were diagnosed but then not present when we went in for removal, so I'm still not convinced that is what they saw. However I am now tagged with the polyp diagnosis and have to be thoroughly checked (I'm grateful that they check things thoroughly!:) ). It was a great opportunity for us to meet our new medical staff and tour the facilities. Despite them shooting fluid into the uterus to check things out, I was shocked it was absolutely painless! THAT was a VERY pleasant surprise! Our new Dr was extremely gentle, my first impression of her was great! Although this is our 9th cycle and we have been through this before she explained everything she was doing step by step, not in a talking-down-to-you sort of way but just keeping-you-informed. Nerves are always on edge during this process, the emotions involved don't help and then you add in all the hormones, Y-U-C-K!!! It is so nice to have a Dr. that put me at ease. So we're good to go for a couple of weeks. Currently we are waiting on meds to arrive, some of them get to come by FedEx. I'm actually looking forward to my sharps container with sheer delight, as some friends gave me the idea to decorate it and I CAN'T WAIT! Seriously bummed I didn't think of that on my own! Here is my calendar of meds...Isn't it pretty? Sorry it's sideways but you get the idea... PS even though my cycle is being controlled and I should be past bloat, I'm bloated. My ovaries are full of "pearls"/follicles and thanks to the steroids all I want to do is EAT! So I feel full/bloated/fat and yet I'm hungry, I had forgetten this part!

No comments:

Post a Comment