Monday, June 16, 2014

CD9 -Cycle day 9

Actually I think this is CD8 for me but it's my first day of monitoring. The Dr was confident I would not hyperstimulate...I sat there biting my tongue when she realized I was headed that way and pretty quickly too. There isn't a lot that can be done at this point besides monitoring. Sometimes they have had me "coast" on meds but according to her that doesn't produce great eggs so she would rather push full steam ahead and go for it and risk not transferring than have me coast and have poor egg quality. :( I'm trying not to be upset because I really want to do whatever is going to result in a baby but it's hard not to be somewhat disappointed. Some people are excited to have 1 egg in a cycle, I would venture to guess 5-7 is pretty common, she stopped counting on me at 47ish and said "There are just too many to count." The clinical case manager said "Wow look at that string of pearls" to which I sarcastically replied "If only the rest of me were as classy as my ovaries..." I at least got a chuckle out of both of them.... :) When they told my favorite nurse the results she said "yep, that's my girl." I LOVE her and am so blessed we get to cycle with her. I love our new Dr too! Actually the whole office has been GREAT! Besides the insurance/billing stuff I really don't have any complaints about this office, and honestly it's our fault for not pushing to get more info before we started. So I had several follies that were between 15-20mm. I think only one was 20, and I think she said we want them 20-22. They should increase 2mm/night but we are decreasing meds tonight and hoping for less crazy numbers tomorrow. There are so many unknowns but most definitely I should be having retrieval this week. I definitely have a blood draw and ultrasound in the morning, and will be watched closely. It is definitely not just in my head that I feel bloated, I'm really bloated for sure. I bought my Gatorade today and can't believe I forgot to get chicken broth, both of those help to pull out the extra fluids and will be my best friend over the next week or so. Prayers for the Dr & staff caring for me and for myself would be much appreciated. Our very first cycle the Dr said it was one of the worst cases of Hyperstimulating she had seen, I hope and pray we don't repeat that! Will update again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment