Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lots of Random

This post is going to be full of more randomness!  The same Weds I waited around all day for med delivery, we received a call from our Dr's office saying that insurance wasn't going to cover this cycle because under the Illinois mandate we had exceeded benefits.  Did your heart just sink? Mine did, even though we knew this was not correct, I still wanted to just sit down and CRY!!!!  A little digging on our insurance website and a few phone calls later it was very apparent that neither of the parties involved knew what was going on.  It seems these things should be in our file with the insurance company if not with anyone else.  Things are straightened out and we do have pre-auth & coverage.  We know that if this cycle fails it is our last covered by insurance, if it results in a live birth we should have one more cycle covered.  We were under the impression that we would still have FET coverage, but that is sketchy now as well.  I feel at rock bottom, which is how I felt before we got pregnant with B, I also have felt nestish and I'm hoping that's God preparing me for what's ahead!  Because of the trouble I had with B a BFP will result in me needing to slow down, way down.  I'm not a good housekeeper, but have found it easier lately to try and get things in order.  Part of that is because it's Spring and I have more energy.  I have been trying to take extreme caution to keep my stress and anxiety down.  Anxiety levels are elevated by meds.  Anxiety levels are also elevated by people blowing things out of proportion.  If you're just beginning this journey and you're reading along (as I did to other blogs in the beginning) realize things will be said that will increase your anxiety, you have no control over others thoughts or actions take care of yourself and your heart.  If you aren't taking care of you, no one else will.  Half of your battle is mental.  Don't put yourself in situations you can't handle, if it ups your anxiety don't it.    If those around you can't give you a few months to take care of you, you really don't need them around! It's taken me 6 years and 8 cycles to figure some of this out... Had an appointment last Friday to check my uterus/lining -all looked good, I got the go ahead to start stims tonight. T met with his urologist then as well, he seemed nice also. :) I've been on Lupron, Metformin and Zyrtec, tonight we add in Folic Acid and Folistim, later this week we add in Menopur. I'm feeling excited and ready to proceed. Our Dr this time, is so confident and positive, her bedside manor is FIRST-CLASS! She is so patient to answer all of our questions and never make us feel stupid or silly, I can't say that about our past doctors. Feeling so good about this cycle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment